How to port your number to Jio from Airtel
Reliance Jio has established itself as one of the country’s most dependable and sought-after telecom operators. Jio has attracted millions of customers over the last few years, with more people joining every day thanks to some of the best prices and strong and fast connectivity. As the company’s popularity grows, so does the question of how to become a Jio customer. Many people have ported from their previous telecom operators to Jio in the past, and many people still ask us how they can port from their old SIM provider to Jio. This article will show you how to get a new Jio connection using your old phone number. Before you begin, there are a few things to consider. To begin with, if you have a postpaid number, you must clear all outstanding balances with your provider. If you are porting within the same telecom circle, the number will be activated within three days of successful validation, according to government regulations. Outside of the current telecom circle, the number will be activated in 5 days. Requests from customers in Jammu and Kashmir, Assam, and the North East will be processed within 15 working days. However, your services will not be interrupted, and you will be able to use your old SIM card until the process is completed.
- Users must SMS PORT to 1900 from their existing number that needs to be ported to Jio in order to port in.
- You will receive an SMS with the UPC code and its expiry date.
- Take the UPC to your nearest Jio Store or Jio Retailer (Unique porting code).
- To place an MNP request, users must bring their original Aadhaar card or original Proof of Address (POA) / Proof of Identity (POI) documents.
- Alternatively, you can request that an executive come to your home to collect documents and submit the portability request.